Dec 10, 2020
Professional comedian Grant Lyon (who also creates board game videos and co-designed Curmudgeon) joins us on the podcast this week. We talk about "old" (pre-2018) games that need more live, mechanics that we seek out or actively avoid, and more party games we love playing.
Games mentioned on this episode:
Nov 25, 2020
Plaid Hat Marketing Manager Niki Shults and Multimedia Director Donald Shults talk board games -- and tons of D&D -- with us. Our topics:
1. What are some new party games you can play over Zoom or within one average household?
2. Is Catan still the perfect gateway game? If not, what is?
3. What are your best childhood...
Nov 2, 2020
Guest Elizabeth Hargrave (Wingspan, Mariposas) drops a hint about her next project while we discuss our four new topics:
1. Learning factoids in non-educational games
2. How we can make board gaming more inclusive for everyone
3. Games whose themes have inspired innovative gameplay
4. Designing games and finishing...
Oct 15, 2020
Guest Timm Metivier of Meepleville (a board game cafe in Vegas and a channel for board game content) joins us to discuss the top 3 games we can't wait to get to the table, the business of running a board game cafe (you'd be surprised how he works around COVID), how we discover the games we want to buy, and more.
Oct 1, 2020
The big games of the year have been announced. What do we think of them? The Dice Tower's Roy Cannaday joins us to discuss the Spiel and Kennerspiel des Jahres 2020 nominees/winners; if we still use "Euro" and "Ameritrash" to define those genres; video production during quarantine times; and his new, upcoming game, Last...